Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Reflections

Growing up in the Philippines during this time of year is so special to me. The culture and how the Filipinos observe the Lenten Season is still in my heart. Growing up we have a tradition in our family. I remember during Black Friday-Saturday there are no TV shows on, other than The Testaments or The Life of Jesus Christ. We would go to Church, bible study etc. The malls, stores, theaters are closed and streets are very empty as people are at home and observing the Lenten Season. And this is some of the Culture I would want to pass on to my boys. Like watching Testaments movie, Finding Faith in Christ, etc This week we watched "The Testaments". They surely loved it and just asked questions. They were so receptive and very much interested in the movie.


For Easter egg hunting one of our traditions is have a fun game and activity. Yeah it is more than the Peeps and Chocolate Eggs. Here are my giveaways this year.


There are a lot of versions of this.
I have done the Resurrection Eggs version , but this year I will use the Time and Seasons version for a change. And at the end of the activity, that's when I feel the Holy Spirit and always cry.






No comments: