Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Random Posts

Getting ready for Church on Sunday is always a struggle for our fam. Our Church starts at 9:00am, and that means waking up and getting ready the same time as school nights. right?... WRONG!! With Daylight Savings time to top that really makes it harder for us to wake up and get ready for Church. But we are doing better and striving harder to get to Church on time.

So the boys were getting ready for Church and here they are posing as "Statue of Liberty" . Jacob is so cute with his dragon on his left arm. They are posing because they are going to New York someday.



For dinner the Secret Ingredient to a YUMMY SPAGHETTI SAUCE is My FIL's homemade canned tomatoes. YUM-Oh!! Everytime we visit them in UT, I always remind Paul not to forget to pack canned tomatoes and tomato juice to bring it back to CA.


Lemon, Lemon, Lemon...I love Lemon. The scent, the flavor and the sour-y taste of it
2 weeks ago, Jacob and I attended Caleb's Birthday Party
see previous post. Heather (Caleb's Mom) gave Suzi and I
a plastic bag and told us to pick some lemons. And we were like SURE!!
I totally picked a lot of lemons I think.
These are the remaining lemons.
I've made lemonade, used it as marinade to cook salmon, on our fish tacos
And I made this yummy dessert
Fluffy Lemon Paradise Dessert
or
Lemon Dream Dessert
I told Shauna, I really do not know how to name this dessert, I got this recipe from
a friend and she called it Lemon Dessert here's the Recipe.



1 ( 12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
1 C sugar
1 3/4 C boiling water
1/4 C lemon juice
3/4 C whipped topping
1 Med. Lemon sliced
sprigs mint

Directions:
  1. Pour milk into a small mixinf bowl; place the mixer beaters in the boowl. Cover and Refrigerate for a t least 2 hours or until chilled.
  2. Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice,cover and refrigerate until syrupy 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
  3. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form, Beat chilled milk until SOFT PEAKS form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
  4. Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint.
  5. Put the kids to bed early, watch your TV show and ENJOY

It is Parent -Teacher Conference this week
We met with JT's teacher yesterday. Of course in Kindergarten it is always good remarks we hear from the teachers. We are so proud of JT.

photo: Foto search

It was ST. Patrick's Day yesterday and we were planning on eating Corned beef and Cabbage. BUT JT said "Since I did great with my report card can I get a treat for dinner? And we were like "Yeah of course" We were thinking maybe MickeyD's or Chuck-E-Cheese. BUT he requested SOUPLANTATION.
I love my boys so much. And Jacob was so excited too. "YIPPEEE SOUPLANTATION" Who would have thought that a Soup and Salad restaurant can make my kids so HAPPY, and yes they did! They ate really good and behaved well of course.
Then for FHE night we had a nice Lesson by Daddy and JT picked Smores again for dessert.
graham crackers-oven roasted marshmallows-hersheys.
Then the Mish came and talked to us a little bit. What a night, it surely was a fun Monday Madness at our household.

No comments: