Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun on the 4th

What a whirlwind of fun this 4th of July weekend.
It was a lot of fun activities. Whew!
My neighbors (Margie,Kara) and I have been planning
a Bike Parade for 8 months now. And we finally did it!
We had the parade on our street and invited all the neighbors,
families and friends. And it turned out really well. There were 21 kids total.

Our friends Mark and Tara and their girls are visiting from
Las Vegas. They missed the parade,
but we're so glad they came.

J.T. and Jake enjoyed decorating thier bikes.

After the parade, we had yummy ice cream
and handed out a Certificate
for completing
the First Annual Block Parade. Yippee!
We are definitely doing this again.

Then we had
our Annual BBQ with friends.
Kebabs, hot dogs and chips, broccoli and bowtie pasta
and teriyaki salmon with pineapple mango salsa. YUM-OH!


For dessert
I made this
Red-White and Blue Fruit Pizza,
And Sugar Cookies with Red-White and Blue Sprinkles.

My camera's battery ran out
actually, I think my camera might be broken. Bummer!

Anyways, here are 3 pictures that were taken 2 years ago
We always put the jumper out
to let the kids play and jump before
going to the park to watch the fireworks.

Hannah-Emma and Emily
Tini and I am sure that is Rohan upside down.
The 3 girls



And the Boys


Then off we went and watched the fireworks.
It was unanimous
This year's was
the best Fireworks ever!
Obviously my camera ran out of
batteries
so I did not have any pics of us at the park. Thanks Steve and Suzi
for taking our pics.
I will post more pics later.

5th...

J.T and Jacob had a play date at home on saturday
and they had fun
swimming and slip and sliding.
They splashed, jumped and just had a BLAST.
They enjoyed Pizza and Lemonade for lunch.
After swimming, they played Hullabaloo,
Air Hockey and watched
Night at the Museum.
There were 7 boys and they played really well
with each other. I am so impressed and proud.
I would always say GIRLS RULE
But this weekend
THESE BOYS RULED!
What a fun weekend.


3 comments:

Tara said...

It definitely was a GREAT weekend! Thank you for everything! I can't believe that pic from 2 years ago! Everyone has grown so much!

Anonymous said...

Looked like a lot of fun Ati!!
I cant believe how much the boys have grown, kasi last time i saw them eh about a year ago...yikes!-Karen

Joanne said...

Tara-
You're welcome, it was nice to see you guys. Yes, everyone has grown so much.

Karen-
It really was tons of FUN!, OMG, I know 1 yr huh.