Monday, July 14, 2008

Service



For Family Night tonight, the boys played baseball and had a fun time. Then we talked about Service. How we use our hands for Service, I made this diaper cake for our friends in the Church who just had their baby. Then we prepared Dinner for them as a Service. Salad with strawberries, pecan and feta cheese with raspberry vinaigrette. Brownies for dessert and my MIL's famous Porkchops with brown rice.










2 cups of rice


2 cans of lite Beef Consomme
2 cans of lite/reduced Cream of Chicken


Brown pork chops on each side
at least 3 mins each side


Put brown pork chops in the
pan with rice and soup


Cook for an hour
for 375 deg

Enjoy.


Warning:
My boys love, love RICE
I tried to add more rice and soup cans..DID NOT WORK.
If you want to cook more rice, just make a separate pan with 2 cups of rice and 2 cans of each soup.

Here's the recipe:
2 Cups Rice
2 cans Cream of Chicken
2 cans of Beef Consomme
(If we make it for our friends we do not use Reduced or fat free. Sorry)
Mix all together in the pan

Brown pork chops on each side
drizzled with poultry seasoning
fresh ground pepper

Put brown meat in the pan with
rice and soup
Cover with foil.

Bake for an hour for 375 deg.

We have also made this with Chicken.

Jinky, Karen and Luisa, I hope you will enjoy this.

3 comments:

Rachon & Jared to the Max said...

Those pork chops look yummy. I will have to try them out. I can't believe how big you boys are getting, or mine for that matter.

Tara said...

Joanne, I went to the store tonight and bought all the stuff to make this! I'm going to make it tomorrow for dinner. Thank you for the great recipe!

Joanne said...

Rachon and Tara - You;re welcome, it is good, my kids love it.