Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Motion Sickness

I just finished walking my patient on the 4th floor and sat her up in the chair, did not leave her until she was comfortable. Is there anything else I can do for you? - is what I always ask EVERYTIME I end my treatment session with my patients. I wait for their response. " I'm good, Thank you" or "Thanks, I will see you again tomorrow". Then at 11:42 am, As I was leaving her room, I noticed the blinds banging on the window, the walker was swaying. Then my patient and I stood and stared at each other and we both said "Earthquake!" I pushed her table away from her, moved her IV pole away from her, then I went under the doorway. Yes I did, she prayed and I prayed. The hospital has "rollers", at least that's what they said, and we were swaying like we were surfing a Huge wave. It was a very looooong 15 seconds. After the eathquake, I stayed in my patient's room and asked her if she was ok, she said "YES", Then I left her room and called Jake's Preschool, JT's camp site, and Paul's work. So glad to hear everybody's ok.



I felt really nauseous after 10 minutes. Down the hospital hallway, I talked to the Doctors and nurses and went to one of the patient's room and watched the news what the magnitude was and saw one of my friends who is an RN and I told her what I was doin, and she told me that she was inserting an IV and kept telling her patient NOT TO MOVE. LOL! We were both laughing. So, where were you?

No comments: