Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

# 24
Christmas Books, Movies, CD's and DVD's Anything related to Christmas, be with my family,
eat Noche Buena with family.


Our Christmas Family Tradition:

Christmas Card

(check)

Ever since we had the boys we decided to join the bandwagon of sending Christmas Cards to fam and friends. And every yr since JT and Jake were born we send our "Themed" Christmas Cards to fam and friends.
We have sent out First Christmas Family Card, Red Christmas? , Oh Christmas Tree, Brotherly Love, Eric Carle inspired Brown Bear..Brown bear what do you see?, This year we are sending "Happy Mistletoes Card".

Merry Christmas Everyone!


Drive Around the Christmas Lights

click here to see more pictures

Shelly, actually I thought about you when we
drove down the 'lights street'.
Your house can totally fit in here.
There were people walking, and driving with
the head lights off.
Some kids sell Hot Cocoa and it is always
fun for the boys to buy a cup of Hot Cocoa
It is always a Tradition.
(Check)


Gingerbread House
(check)



We love making Gingerbread houses and Virtual Gingerbreadhouse
for less messy ones =)


Service

We send out Christmas Packages to Mish. Read here


Charity

Every yr. this is our tradition. Click here


Phone calls and Text Message
(check)

My family called from the Philippines
early this morning
5am (PST)
to greet us a Merry Christmas
We called them back again before Christmas Eve dinner
we also called Paul's fam from UT and ID.
We texted and emailed friends as well.




Treasure Hunt
(check)
We do a fun Treasure Hunt
after Christmas Eve Dinner
and
before opening presents.
from
one another.
The boys opened a present and it was
empty!
and inside the box it had a poem
where we said our prayers
sang songs
and we read Book about Christmas
and the Treasure hunt started.
It took them to the kitchen,
the bedroom,
the living room








and it ended
in the room
where
the Nativity was by candlelight.

Then
Paul read a poem from his niece- Whitney
BTW, Whitney
Paul waited to read it tonight.
Thank you so much!
It was very special.

Here is the poem
Thanks Whitney.


My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights and Heavens stars reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular; please wipe away the tears,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can’t compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the Angeles sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not that far away, we really aren’t apart.
So be happy for me my dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above,
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all ‘LOVE’ is the gift, more precious than pure gold,
It was always mos important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
For I can’t count the blessings nor the love he has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember that I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

It was so beautiful.

After the poem, we opened presents
baked cookies for Santa
put carrots for the reindeers
the only thing we did not do tonight is
to go running around the block (we had planned earlier to
tire the boys out by running laps around the block).
But, it is raining so we did situps and pushups instead.

Good Night and Merry Christmas.





2 comments:

Shelly said...

You are creating such wonderful memories for your boys. I love it! The snow has already shorted out some of the lights on our roof. At least they lasted for until the week of Christmas. We are still enjoying them until New Years.......well the ones that are working anyway.

Julie said...

What a great idea! Loved your Christmas card, it was adorable!